Regular-sized slinkies are already cool enough to play with but in my opinion, giant slinkies are way cooler to have fun with especially when you’re a kid and even if you’re a kid at heart! I am personally a fan of spring toys but my personal favourite are the giant slinky toys! I love playing with them every now and again even as an adult as it gives me nostalgia and makes me reminisce about my childhood while playing with my friends. The good thing about giant slinky toys is that they are safe to play with even for kids. You can do so much about it and make experiments and make this playtime as your bonding with your kids and the family. You can try to make them go down a flight of stairs and even compete with two or more friends with their own giant slinky toys and see who can make it further down the line! You can even use them as a squirrel-deterrent for your bird feeder as well. So it is not only a toy but also something useful for other purposes. Let’s now check out the best giant slinkies that I personally tried out and loved all the way through!
Top 4 Best Giant Slinky Toys This Year
Rhode Island Novelty Giant Slinky
Rhode Island Novelty Jumbo Rainbow Spring Toy is huge and I’m loving it! It measures 7 x 6 x 6 inches and weighs 2.7 pounds. It works perfectly when climbing down stairs, although it works well on staircases with about 1.5 the diameter of this slinky toy to get further down the stairs. What I love about this brand is that it is made from durable materials and this makes it so that the coils or springs do not get bent or tangled easily! And if it does get tangled, it is quite easy to untangle them and the coils do not deform quite easily. This particular brand of spring toy can be a bit too big for toddlers and kids but a bit of help from mom and dad would do the trick!
- Made of sturdy plastic coils therefore it does not get tangled or bent easily
- If the coils get tangled, it untangles quite easily and does not get deformed
- Made from durable material therefore it does not break even when dropped from a high level
The Original Giant Metal Slinky Brand
The all-time favorite original brand of Slinky toys obviously makes their own giant version of the regular ones. This might not be the biggest giant slinky toy in this bunch but it certainly is a bit bigger than the original-sized metal slinky. The Original Giant Slinky measures 3.5 x 3.5 x 3 inches and weighs 10.6 ounces. You have to take note though that when playing with this particular slinky on the stairs, keep in mind that it works better if the steps do not have carpet on them and that the steps should be at least 7 5/8 -8” deep.
- It stretches way farther, flips way higher, and walks down taller step when compared to the original regular-sized slinky
- This size of slinky can be used as a squirrel-deterrent and works perfectly fine as such
- This giant slinky toy is very sturdy so no need to worry about it getting broken easily
Kiko Jumbo Rainbow Giant Coil Spring
Kiko Jumbo Rainbow Coil Spring Toy measures 6 x 5 x 7 inches and weighs 2 pounds and stretches up to 43 feet so this brand is not kidding when they say it is a jumbo spring toy! It goes down the staircase much like the original slinky toys and will not disappoint! It is so fun to play with as it shoots across the room and does not coil easily after being stretched and released! And even if it does coil up, you won’t have a hard time uncoiling the springs. I really love playing with this toy and other adults and kids will surely love it!
- This particular brand is very durable as it untangles easily without exerting too much effort and generally holds up even when compared to metal spring toy versions of it
- The plastic material is perfect as it still works perfectly fine under the rain
Supertek Ultimate Wire Helix
Supertek Ultimate Wire Helix is the most ginormous of them all in our list of best giant slinkies as this one measures 11.5 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches and weighs 2.3 pounds, and stretches up to 30 feet! It can be used as a wave demonstrator and it works as such quite perfectly! I particularly love this brand as it lives up to its name as the ultimate giant spring toy, who wouldn’t want to own one? I also loved the fact that they thought of including a stand so that we can keep it safely and securely without worrying about it getting tangled in a box or a corner of the house.
- You can not only play with it for fun, but this particular brand made this giant spring toy for extra long experiments.
- It comes with a stand for a better and safer storage method.
Leave a Comment